This policy sets out how AUTOLOOK LIMITED (AUTOLOOK) collects, uses and discloses your personal information.
By accessing or using AUTOLOOK services, including the AUTOLOOK Network you agree to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information in the manner described in this policy.
AUTOLOOK and privacy
AUTOLOOK is bound by the Data Protection Act 1998.
What personal information is collected?
AUTOLOOK collects personal information to assist it and its related bodies corporate to conduct their activities and provide the range of services they offer.
Personal information collected by AUTOLOOK may include:
- identification details, which may include name, gender;
- contact information which may include email address, website address, mobile phone number, and postal address;
- services provided to you, including saved items and searches
- business information, such as company name and registration number;
- information submitted in placing an advertisement, for example, vehicle details and pricing;
- information submitted in applying for or requesting a quote for a finance or insurance-related product;
- information about the devices on which you visit the AUTOLOOK Network, and your activities on those sites;
- third party account details (for example where you sign in through a social network);
- social profile information if any;
- records and content of communications with AUTOLOOK or any other person including records and content using Communications Services (as that term is defined in AUTOLOOK’ Terms and Conditions of Use); and
- information obtained as a result of your use of our mobile website or application such as geo-locations and unique device identifiers.
Please note that such records and content may be stored and scanned by AUTOLOOK.
How is personal information collected?
AUTOLOOK collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you when you provide information directly to AUTOLOOK in person, by phone or in writing (whether electronic or otherwise) for example when you create an advertisement on our website; when you enquire about an item on our website; or in a contract with your business to provide you with our services;
- directly from you when you communicate with AUTOLOOK or any other person using AUTOLOOK Communications Services;
- from third parties such as:
- AUTOLOOK related companies; resellers of AUTOLOOK services and service providers to AUTOLOOK;
- operators of linked or served web sites, applications and advertising on the AUTOLOOK network;
- social networks where you choose to share that information when creating an account;
- from 3rd party data providers who have been directed by you to send us information on your behalf;
How is personal information disclosed?
AUTOLOOK may disclose personal information to individuals and organizations other than AUTOLOOK. The organizations to which we may disclose personal information include:
- AUTOLOOK’ staff and AUTOLOOK' related bodies corporate and their staff
- the public if you advertise with AUTOLOOK or use publicly available Communications Services
- individuals and organizations that advertise with AUTOLOOK if you submit an inquiry or seek or acquire certain services through AUTOLOOK - depending on your enquiry or the services being sought or acquired these may include:
- private advertisers;
- licensed car dealers;
- original equipment manufacturers;
- car brokers;
- operators of Linked Sites;
- financial service providers;
- insurance service providers;
- vehicle inspection service providers;
- transportation service providers;
- payment services providers;
- outsourced service providers who assist any of the above persons to provide services;
- If you do not want AUTOLOOK to disclose your personal information to these individuals and organizations, you should not submit an inquiry or acquire those services.
- outsourced service providers who assist AUTOLOOK to provide its services including:
- information technology providers;
- marketing and market research advisers;
- professional advisers; and
- payment platforms.
- entities to whom you request we send your information;
- resellers of AUTOLOOK services;
- organizations involved in a sale/transfer of AUTOLOOK or any of its related bodies corporate’s assets, business or shares;
- to assist government or regulatory authorities or police;
- as we are required by law, for example, pursuant to a subpoena or in accordance with unclaimed money legislation.
Maintaining personal information quality
AUTOLOOK strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date records. To facilitate this, please let us know if any of your details change. You may update certain personal information through your login account (if you have one) or contact us by email.
AUTOLOOK may destroy or de-identify personal information once the information is no longer deemed required by the business.
How to access your personal information
You generally have a right to access your personal information, subject to a few exceptions provided by law. If you wish to access your personal information please "contact us" link at the bottom of this page. Please remember to provide as much detail as you can as this will help us to find the information. There is no charge for this service, however, you may be required to verify your identity before any information is released to you. Please note that depending on the volume or nature of the information required, it may take a number of days to fulfill the request.
About security and personal Information
AUTOLOOK takes reasonable steps to protect personal information collected from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modifications or disclosure. Your personal information may be stored in hard copy documents but is generally stored electronically on AUTOLOOK’ systems.
Transfer of personal information outside of UK
Dealing with AUTOLOOK anonymously
You may deal with AUTOLOOK anonymously by using a pseudonym unless AUTOLOOK is required or authorized by law to deal only with an identified person, or it is impracticable for us to respond to you if you have not identified yourself.
What if you don't provide personal information?
If you choose not to provide personal information when requested, AUTOLOOK may not be able to provide you with the full range of AUTOLOOK services.
AUTOLOOK Network, Linked Sites and personal information
When you visit a website or use an account on the AUTOLOOK Network, AUTOLOOK may records anonymous information such as IP address, time, date, referring url, and other referral information, device information and location, carrier, site interactions such as your access to website features, pages accessed, content, searching activities, lead submission, and files accessed and downloaded, type of browser and operating system.
Such information collected by AUTOLOOK may be linked to other information AUTOLOOK holds about a user, compiling a complete profile about AUTOLOOK users’ browsing, purchasing and other activities on the AUTOLOOK Network.
AUTOLOOK may use third-party advertising companies to collect data and/or serve ads when you visit a website on the AUTOLOOK Network. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to websites in order to provide advertisements about good and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, visit http://networkadvertising.org/.
AUTOLOOK uses “cookies” and other methods to collect and store the information set out above. A cookie is a small file that stays on your computer until depending on whether it is a sessional or persistent cookie, you turn your computer off or it expires (this may be as little as 30 days or up 2 years, or longer in some cases). Cookies may be used by AUTOLOOK or by service providers engaged by AUTOLOOK to provide you with the full range of services it offers, remember your preferences, remember the sites you visit on the AUTOLOOK Network, measure and analyze usage of the AUTOLOOK Network and for security. Persistent cookies may be used to identify the sites you visit on the AUTOLOOK Network and to personalize the advertising that you see when you make future visits to those sites or other sites or platforms. Cookie data may be sold, licensed or otherwise provided to third parties for sale via advertising exchanges for this purpose. You may adjust your Internet browser settings to disable cookies. If cookies are disabled AUTOLOOK may not be able to provide you with the full range of AUTOLOOK services.
What if I have a problem?
If you have a problem, complaint, want to change your personal information or just wish to enquire about privacy please contact us.
||Auotlook Limited, 63 Brooklane Field, Harlow, Essex, CM18 7AT
||Click here to contact us by email
AUTOLOOK treats complaints relating to privacy extremely seriously. If you submit a concern or complaint, we will endeavor to deal with it comprehensively and reach an outcome with which all parties are satisfied.
How this policy changes
This policy may change over time. All changes will be published on this website.
(Updated, May 2018)